This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for and/or subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect
In order to provide you with a quote or service it is necessary for us to collect certain information from you. Please see the following link for further information https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/lawful-basis-for-processing/contract/
We will ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, postcode, daytime and/or mobile phone number, credit/debit card information (when booking services only) and information about your home and about any requirements you may have so that we can try to ensure our services meet your requirements.
If required for operational or H&S reasons we may request photographs from you. We reserve the right for our staff to take photographs of any areas they consider to be of concern. Any such photographs will be for our use only and will be deleted from the device they were taken on and only retained in your customer file and will be deleted as per our data retention policy.
Use of Information
We use information collected and held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to ensure we adhere to H&S regulations.
- for marketing purposes or to inform you of promotions or changes to our services.
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting development, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- to generate anonymous reports about use of the Website and its features.
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- You may opt out of receiving information about our services and offers at any time by emailing us using our contact form.
Security and confidentiality
Any personal information you provide will be held securely and your personal information will not be sold to third parties.
We may share your information with other members of our group of companies and any third parties including our suppliers and subcontractors.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, however we do our best to protect your personal data. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and so any transmission is at your own risk. When we receive your information we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that these websites are not covered by our privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We may use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They may include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Rights of Access
You have the right to access information held about you.
The ICO are the Supervising Authority for Data Protection and you have the right to complain to them if you wish to do so. You can find further information on their website https://ico.org.uk/
We will hold your details for a minimum period of 6 years after your enquiry or your service ends. After this point your details will be held for marketing purposes unless you request otherwise by emailing us using our contact form or writing to us.