Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
Domestic & Commercial
Our technicians are professionally trained and qualified in both carpet assessment and carpet cleaning. Before cleaning your carpet they will carry out a pre-inspection and analyse the fibres of your carpets to ascertain exactly what the makeup is of each carpet. This is to ensure that the correct cleaning solution is chosen for the type of carpet fibre as each carpet fibre type has different properties and responds differently to the various types of cleaning solutions we carry.
We use only the highest quality carpet cleaning solutions and industry leading carpet cleaning equipment which means the extraction of more dirt, soiling and ensures a typical drying time of just 1- 2 hours.
In addition to cleaning your carpets and upholstery we also offer the following services:
- Protection – We can apply a protectant after the carpet cleaning has been carried out to help guard against future spills and stains, this is an invisible layer that will not change the look or feel of your carpet.
- Deodorisation – We can add a deodoriser when carrying out the carpet cleaning ensuring the carpet is left both clean and fresh smelling.
- Anti-Allergy Treatment – This is a treatment which helps with allergies and kills dust-mites.
- Anti-static Treatment - Static build up is created by friction between carpet fibres and other moving objects such as people's shoes or electric field currents from equipment such as computers. Most commonly static discharge can be found in office environments where staff can experience shocks when touching objects such as doors and filling cabinets.
- Carpets with nylon fibres in them, left untreated can interfere with the operation of electronic equipment and computer terminals.
How Often Should I have my carpets cleaned?
To ensure that your carpets stay in good condition and last longer, we recommend that your carpets are cleaned each year.
People often make the mistake of thinking because their carpets look dull and dirty the time has come to change them. This is often not the case and we are able to restore your carpets by professionally cleaning them.
Carpets are like any other fabric over time will become soiled, duller in colour and can start to have a musty odour.
We can professionally clean your carpets to extract the dirt, freshen the carpets and remove those odours.
- Cancellations require 3 full working days notice in order to re-schedule and avoid having to charge you.
- Should you be unable to commence your cleaning service after payment of the fee, this can be refunded subject to a £20 administration fee plus any fees incurred for late cancellation.
- Please note we cannot guarantee that all stains will be able to be removed.
Notice period and charges
3 full working days; nil
2 working days; 50% of original fee
1 working day or less; 100% of original fee
Residential Carpet Cleaning Frequency Chart
|Carpet Owner / Maintainer||Professional Carpet Cleaner / Restorer|
|Traffic Soil Rating||Vacuuming||Spot Cleaning||Heavy-Use Area Cleaning||Restorative Cleaning|
|Light Soil||1x per week||Daily or as soon as spots are noticed.||Traffic areas every
12 to 18 months
|Every 2 years or per manufacturer warranty.|
|Normal Soil (families with children or elderly)||1 to 2x per week||Daily or as soon as spots are noticed.||Traffic areas every
6 to 12 months
|Heavy Soil (families with pets, smoking)||2 to 4x per week||Daily or as soon as spots are noticed.||Traffic areas every
3 to 6 months
|Extreme Conditions (large families, multiple pets)||Daily||Daily or as soon as spots are noticed.||Traffic lanes every
|Stain Type||Difficulty||What can Kingsmaid Do?|
|Blood||Difficult||Kingsmaid has a product that removes blood.|
|Black Sauce||Easy||This is no trouble for Kingsmaid.|
|Dyes||Extremely Difficult||A tough stain we can generally improve or remove.|
|Cordial||Medium to Difficult||Kingsmaid remove most cordial stains.|
|Coffee||Medium||Kingsmaid remove coffee stains every day.|
|Beer||Easy||Kingsmaid Spot Remover removes most stains.|
|Fanta||Extremely Hard||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Soft Drink||Medium||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Soiling||Easy||Ring Kingsmaid to find a convenient time.|
|Nail Polish||Hard||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Grease or Oil||Easy||Call Kingsmaid for deep clean if soiling returns.|
|Ink or Biro||Extremely Hard||A tough one when dry. We can usually improve it.|
|Tea||Easy||An every day stain removal for Kingsmaid.|
|Paint (oil based)||Medium to Hard||Call in Kingsmaid.|
|Rust||Extremely Hard||Kingsmaid can treat old or stubborn rust marks.|
|Pot Plant Stains||Easy if Fresh, Hard if old||Kingsmaid have a special treatment to remove water browning.|
|Red Wine||Medium||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Urine||Hard||The acid in some urine and vomit can burn your carpet.|
|Vomit||Medium||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Wood Stains||The Worst||Most times Kingsmaid can improve the appearance and sometimes remove completely.|
|Tomato Sauce||Easy||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Shoe Polish||Medium||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Wax||Hard||Removing the wax is relatively easy. The dye will need our expertise.|
|Chocolate||Easy||Kingsmaid can remove the residue for you.|
|Mildew||Extremely Hard||Call Kingsmaid.|